Sunday, October 5, 2014

good eating tip of the day♡♡♡

Last week I made clam chowder with a big bowl of homemade mashed potatoes with the skins on.  It turns out the mashed potatoes added the thickness that usually requires some type of starch or flour to reach the desired texture.  Those leftover mashed taters were just the thing to give my chowder an interesting twist on the common version.  I always use heavy whipping cream in my cream soups.

I experimented with two types of beer cheese soup. (I had never made or eaten beer cheese soup.)  One was made with leftover homemade bleu cheese dressing, brie, mexican soft cooking cheese(similar to cheese curds but larger), mozarella and parmesan, garlic, celery, and homemade noodles from a local farmers market vendor.  Yummo.

The other beer cheese soup I named "south of the border." I needed to use a big bowl of salsa I had made with corn, refried black bean salsa with fresh cherry tomatoes and parsley, and cilantro from my front yard garden.  I added some rice to thicken.  I recommend trying your own version.  Try a version of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment