Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Answers/response for Dillon Wuellner

 Dillon Wuellner, I will happily respect your insistence on keeping the content of your post between you and I, but I do want to respond to what you said.  I will reply in full tomorrow.

So here goes Dillon.  I see the face of the new Budweiser sign on the front of your mom's new venture, the Rustic Bar, has now been removed, leaving only the lights and mechanics of it.  I would imagine, this is due to the letter of inquiry to Dmw Properties LLC, August 5, 2014, from Ben Oleson (the zoning administrator) to determine if this property is out of compliance with the sign ordinance or not. According to my records the Budweiser sign was erected in violation of the sign ordinance limits on that property. In addition to that sign overage there was a banner erected awhile back that was also not permitted.  I recorded the meetings where signs at this facility were discussed with your mom Dina Wuellner and/or Tim Witucki present.  They were both told by the Historic Preservation Committee,  that in order to have large signs on the front side of the bar, they would have to be behind windows.(a loophole  HPC created to benefit strictly commercial speech) On June 2nd, 2014 the second meeting that Tim attended, there was discussion that the signs on the backside alone were 48 square feet(the TOTAL allowable  square footage for signage on the entire property).  The property has 24' of front footage and in the B-2 District the sign code allows BY PERMIT two square feet of signage per front foot of property.  The Budweiser lighted sign in the front is 9'x4' (36 square feet).  They were well aware that their signage was not in compliance.  Evidently they thought THEY didn't have to follow city laws.

 I wonder if your comments(that are very unfriendly and suggest I leave town) have anything to do with this issue? Just how do you propose I be removed from Morrison County and not let back in Dillon?  You speak like this is another country.  Do you believe in our laws and our Constitution that protects everyone, or just some?  It is not the laws that I have a problem with, it is the SELECTIVE ENFORCEMENT OF THOSE LAWS THAT I VEHEMENTLY OBJECT TO!!

  This property, and all of it's past bar owners/tenants have never been compliant with the sign ordinance as far as I can tell.  I fact check everything.  I do my research and yes I show up at the meetings so I can get the clear picture as to how decisions are made. 

One of my blog posts tomorrow will speak directly to the other businesses that were sent recent warning or inquiry letter(by name).  Stay tuned.  Getting hot roun hea'.

7 comments:

  1. First off my mother and father need not brought up in this. They have nothing to do with what comes out of my mouth. Therefor I suggest this comment involving them be removed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dillon, I brought up the illegal signs on your mom's bar. I never attacked their character, only stated that it is obvious that they don't care about following the sign ordinance, and this should tell folks something, after the big hoopla the entire community has made about my signs.

      Delete
  2. Wow robin no one likes you !!! Just do thiscommunity a favor and back your bags and leave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are wrong. There are plenty of people in this town who admire what I believe in and that I have had the guts to confront the local cronyism, collusion and corruption that permeates this entire area. I believe there are many amongst your group of friends and those who are very vocal in their dislike for me(even though they don't know me at all) that are really concerned that I have the qualities that a good leader should possess. They may not like the approach I take, however, that is for me to decide.

      Delete
  3. Dillon wuellner....you posted a comment that my former neighbors had their house on the market and couldnt sell...blaming it on my signs and yard art. How then do you explain why the white house right next door sold this spring 2014?IT SOLD while i had my big sign up facing that direction that told the cost of the illegal invasion of Iraq ( a whopping 6 TRILLION). SOME PEOPLE believe you are flat out incorrect in your theory. Mayor VanRisseghem has some VERY LARGE BILLBOARDS in some prime empty lot areas next to WEST SIDE BAR and across Broadway from the Baptist church. If your theory is correct then our mayor is currently devaluing property values in those areas and creating POTENTIAL TRAFFIC HAZARDS....RIGHT??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mayor Cathy VanRisseghem has her campaign BILLBOARDS in those 2 locations and PROBABLY MORE. Imagine that. The primary COMPLAINER about MY SIGNS causing potential traffic accidents and DEVALUING PROPERTIES....now has TOTALLY CHANGED HER TUNE AND ISN'T THE LEAST BIT CONCERNED ABOUT HOW HER SIGNS MIGHT AFFECT OTHERS. Hmmmmm??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing u say or preach will ever benefit any of us other than yourself. You, Robin hensel sued my and fellow Americans county and took thousands of dollars. How is this helping anyone but you

    ReplyDelete