Friday, August 15, 2014

Hear O ISRAEL....

A few days ago, some of my fellow peace activists and I gathered at Coborn's corner again to protest the slaughter in Palestine, and also to object to the bombing in Iraq, and OPPOSE WAR EVERYWHERE, NO MATTER WHO THE PARTIES INVOLVED IN WAR ARE. 

I AM SICKENED THAT MY COUNTRY HAS BEEN IN ENDLESS WAR FOR MY ENTIRE LIFETIME. 

"There is a lot of misinformation about the Israel/Palestinian conflict.  Many older people retain a romantic view of Israel as "the only democracy in the Middle East."  They believe Jewish settlers "made the desert flower."  People would be wise to learn about the true history of Israel's founding, the continued oppression of Palestinians in the occupied territories, the persistent discrimination Arab-Israelis face and Israel's history of supporting brutal dictatorships(i.e. the Shah's Iran, apartheid South Africa, and Guatemalan military regimes).  Perhaps then, they would no longer support the Israeli government.  Thankfully, young people of today, understand the reality of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, as revealed by polls showing a majority of people under 30 oppose Israel's war on Gaza. A growing number of people are tired of war, but support for the military and wars persist.

It is baffling that people who probably consider themselves advocates of limited government often refuse to tolerate DISSENTING VIEWS, ESPECIALLY ON WAR AND FOREIGN POLICY." .......words of an anonymous friend of mine.

I feel one of the best ways to promote peace is to show graphic portrayals of the HORRORS OF WAR REALLY ARE...INCLUDING PICTURES OF THE INNOCENT LITTLE KIDS THAT ARE BEING BLOWN AWAY BY BOMBS ALL OVER THE PLACE IN MANY DIFFERENT NATIONS.   THIS IS JUST SIMPLY UNACCEPTABLE, AND I WILL CONTINUE TO BE OUT THERE PROMOTING PEACE, ANY AND ALL CHANCE I GET.

IF SOME IN THIS COMMUNITY DON'T LIKE THAT...TOUGH CRAP.  My faith compels me to promote peace and oppose ALL WARS.  Anyone is allowed and welcome to stand with their signs advocating FOR WAR IF THEY LIKE...WHETHER WE ARE OUT THERE AT COBORNS CORNER OR NOT.  This is their right as well.  Free speech shouldn't be a DISSAPPEARING RIGHT.

WHEN I SAY TOUGH CRAP, it may sound harsh, but not as harsh as the doo doo that is coming out of the mouths of hooligan lawbreakers in front of my house and elsewhere, wherever I go in this town.  It is not uncommon to see people give me the finger, and shout profanities on a regular basis every day.  Just the other day, while I was about to get into my van while parked by the Royal CafĂ©, a hooligan lawbreaker shouted "GET THE F**K OUT OF MY TOWN LADY"

From now on I will be carrying one of my videocams running to capture any more of this nonsense, so that I can report these crimes to the police department. 

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS THUGGERY!!!  

You might wanna let your buddies know this.  They will be prosecuted. 

One other thing.....it is my goal to make sure that since SOME HAVE TO OBEY THE SIGN ORDINANCE, EVERYONE HAS TO BE COMPLIANT.   Not just me.  Count on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment