Sunday, August 24, 2014

MAYOR SAYS LITTLE FALLS IS "POOR IN SPIRIT, POOR IN THOUGHT, AND POOR IN ACTION''

I have wondered for awhile now, just why Mayor Cathy VanRisseghem said that?   I recorded her saying that at a Youth Task Force meeting (an official City of Little Falls committee that had been meeting at the Alliance Church).  In my opinion, it was tacky for the mayor to say that about the town she is head of.

 On the Morrison County Record disqus commentary thread recently, one of the anonymous posters (Tmac) questioned me by asking "if you are elected mayor and you take offense at what someone says to you are going to use the same vocabulary you use on many of your posts?  I sure hope not as it would be totally unprofessional and quite frankly, tacky."

   My reply to him (which is awaiting moderation by the MC Record moderator, who at least some of the time is  Terry Lehrke) "tmac.....what is REALLY TACKY is elected officials that do not follow their own rules, policies or the U.S. Constitution.  Tacky is SELECTIVE  ENFORCEMENT OF LAWS, and HUMAN RIGHTS INJUSTICES that are RAMPANT in Little Falls and MORRISON COUNTY.  The LAST THING YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT would be my vocabulary, relating to endless war that is bankrupting our nation, savage inhumane torture(U.S. government authorized under Dubya) and now illegal drone assassinations that are a violation of INTERNATIONAL LAW....just to name a few outrages.

 WAKE UP COMMUNITY. SMALL THE COFFEE.  It's brewing in downtown." 

In the future I will be posting on my blog any comments that the MCRecord does not put through for the public to see.   That way EVERYONE CAN SEE HOW SELECTIVE THEY HAVE BEEN IN PUTTING THROUGH MY COMMENTS.    I have a pile of posts that were not posted from months ago, that I emailed Tom West and Terry Lehrke and probably copied Keith and Marge from ECM publishers in the Twin Cities, and never got an answer from any of them.   The least the local paper could/should do is be polite respond to a legitimate question, right? 

When I have time, I will post some of them just so you can see how they have not wanted my comments to get out to the public....kind of like how the council stopped allowing citizen appeals to be on the televised portion of City Council meetings.   They didn't want Theresa and my ideas to get out to the public because quite frankly, we were always one step ahead of them, and they would be exposed for the less than  forward thinkers they are.   Cities that pride themselves in implementing ideas and programs that are good for everyone, are the communities that are thriving. 

Take for example the wonderful mural that will soon be painted on a Long Prairie building that exemplifies and celebrates the multi-cultural community that Long Prairie has become.  Why are they ahead of us?   Because they welcome and celebrate diverse cultures...that's why.   Little Falls can and should be welcoming and recruiting diversity.  

Under my leadership as Mayor, I certainly will be.

Just my three cents.   

1 comment: