Friday, August 15, 2014

WHY I AM IN THE RACE FOR MAYOR.....

Many of you are probably wondering why I filed for the  Mayoral candidacy.  Some have figured out that I have been trying to advance this city by asking the City Council to consider quite a few ideas that promote a clean environment, save tax dollars,  make our city safer, promote uniform enforcement of our laws, protect individual privacy, and recruit/welcome/celebrate diversity.  Some may falsely believe that I am in this to showboat.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  People that really KNOW ME, would never say or believe that about me.  The mad crowd that declares hostility towards me, has no idea who I am, at ALL.  I will be composing my mayoral announcement for the local paper soon, but before I do that I will be posting my desires for this city on this blog.   I want my readers to have first dibs.  I look forward to debating issues with the other two candidates, and enlighten the community about all the great opportunities this mayor and council  refused.   When the community knows this, I believe many will realize that they have a distinct choice this year.  This city has the blessing of having the Franciscan Sisters community that set a great example of communal life.  Intentional communities and eco-villages are springing up all over the nation/world and the trend in society will be towards stronger bonds with our neighbors.  I believe that when we nurture connection and cooperation among communitarians and their friends, the entire area will thrive.  It is critical that we leave no one behind.  With hope and peace, Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment