Monday, September 29, 2014

A downtown businessmans outrageous comments

Over the weekend I had a conversation with a fairly prominent and longtime local business owner.  This individual was a former political party head, as well as an educator.   He said he has been so bothered by some of my signs, that he felt like "lighting a match to them'' sometimes.    He claimed he is a law abiding person and would never do it.   

 I suggest  he divert his eyes, if he doesn't like the "look'' or "content" of my signs/yard art.       

I believe he should take a look into his own conscience, and then exercise it.  

After all, this is the "land of the brave and the free" right?

I reminded him that I own my property, and have the right to decorate it with whatever yard art I like.  

I told him that the laws need to be enforced uniformly, and not selectively.  I stated that we still do not have laws uniformly enforced in Little Falls.   As long as we allow selective enforcement of any law, this will plague our city.

Let's all work together to ensure we have democracy in our town.   Isn't that what America is all about? 

No comments:

Post a Comment