Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Morrison County Sheriffs Office POLICIES AND PROCEDURES. 6-22-16

Getting this data request to inspect this document took over 8 months (data request made in October 2015) and a lot of hassle that I shouldn't have had to go through to get this VERY PUBLIC DOCUMENT.  The residents of Morrison County have a RIGHT TO KNOW what policies it's sheriffs officers and personnel operate under.   Now you know.  This will hopefully help others to be able to know their rights and how  officers and staff  are expected to operate. It is embarrassing that the Morrison County Sheriffs responsible authority, Mary Swenson did not realize that data requests for any documents MUST be provided, EVEN if they are in a draft form, or under revision.   That was her excuse for not providing it sooner.  An email from her stated that the policies and procedures, were being revised and I could get them when they were finished revising them.   That email came in January 2016.  By May I had not been provided this document, so I called the IPAD office to know how I could get it.   Then after asking the sheriffs office to provided me the statute that allowed them to deny me this document, and AFTER I asked Deb Gruber(the responsible authority for data requests for Morrison County government center agencies) to look into the matter also,after talking to IPAD.   What is it that they are so afraid of?   Why would they hesitate sharing this?   I don't understand.  I was married to a law enforcement officer in another county(sheriffs dept) and I can tell you from experience....this is NOT HOW A GOOD SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT OPERATES.  

SHAME ON MARY SWENSON AND ANYONE ELSE WHO MAY HAVE TOLD HER MISINFORMATION ABOUT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION IN A TIMELY MANNER. 

After viewing the video I notice my camera was not focusing properly for some reason.  I took photos of the most important pages....here they are.
























 

No comments:

Post a Comment