Saturday, April 30, 2016

Morrison County Sheriff Department blunder

Last October 2015, I made a data request for the MCSO deparments Policies and Procedures Manual....a public document. I was given a song and dance, lame excuse, by their Data Compliance officer Mary Swenson, that I couldn't get it until after their revisions were made. Before 2015 ended, I emailed her again, to ask when I could get expect to be given it. She stated likely January 2016 or thereabouts but she wasn't sure.

I know they have a DUTY to provide public documents in a reasonable timeframe. I also know they cannot WITHHOLD a public document that is the guideline for public law officers (and other sheriff deparment emplpyees)conduct and all the procedures they are required to fulfill.

They HAVE to provide the current(whether it's up to date or not) policies and procedures guide that ALL county sheriffs departments employees are mandated to follow...including Mary Swenson.

I have waited now for more than 6 months, hoping they would comply with the Minnesota Data Practices Act. They have failed to do that, hence my public exposure of that failing. I wonder how long it will be, before I receive an email from Mary Swenson, stating the manual is now available?

No comments:

Post a Comment