Friday, November 6, 2015

My hearing at Minnesota Court of Appeals

Yesterday Nov.5, 2015 was my appeal in St. Paul.   It was very interesting, unlike any court hearing I have ever attended. Judges asked questions during the attorneys arguments, whenever they wanted to.....just like a panel discussion.  They asked many questions....some tougher than others. One question they asked was couldn't/shouldn't the council have had seating rules in place, rather than to criminalize sitting in a chair where others had been allowed to sit 4 days prior?  They pointed out correctly that I had asked council to show me the policy on seating.  The small courtroom was almost full. Decision within 90 days. If conviction is not overturned, we will appeal at the Supreme Court level.

After the hearing, I had lunch with Andrew Henderson, who was also represented by Kevin Riach. http://www.startribune.com/jurors-acquit-little-canada-man-who-videotaped-deputies-paramedics/247619981/This picture was taken at Day by Day cafe in St. Paul....
great food and hearty/productive conversation. Thanks Andrew. Pleasure to strengthen our friendship and future efforts. Looking forward. Glad you are in Veterans for Peace and called your first successful action. We finished with a stop at the Anonymous vigil by the Capitol.
decide for yourself.....did I commit disorderly conduct?   I think not.  Pretty clear.   Outside of council publicly "tarring and feathering" me, this is how they chose to publicly humiliate me for demanding to be treated the same as 7 others 4 days prior and expressing my free speech(notice my vintage apron, long skirt, small American flag in hand and American flag handkerchiefs on my head to represent before the civil rights era) and notice also that council and chief of police state clearly that they understood my message and what I was trying to convey.  Notice in the video below, President Don Klinker says "why aren't you in another country" (in response to my telling them that if someone was offended by my signs that showed images of children who are birth defected in Iraq from our depleted uranium and white phosphorus bombs, that they should pay more attention to what our country is actually doing in other countries) and then GREG ZYLKA WHO IS THE CURRENT MAYOR, laughs.   It has been said that "Men show their character in nothing more clearly than by what they think laughable."   
 
It should be painfully obvious to anyone watching these videos, what is really going on here.  They do NOT LIKE THE CONTENT OF MY SPEECH, AND WILL DO ANYTHING TO shut me up.  Including shutting down the public access television studio for over a year, to keep me off the air, taking away the public forum speaking time at ALL OF THE CITY COMMITTEE MEETINGS,  reducing the public forum comment time at council work sessions to 3 minutes, instead of 5, and eliminating citizen appeals and petitions time(which happened for the first time, at the June 3rd meeting, where I wore my colorful outfit and hat with signs on that said "Free Speech Restricted Here" and "Costly mistakes made regularly here"......I was opposing the elimination of citizen petition and appeals, as Theresa and I were presenting lots of great ideas through the petition method, at all previous meetings.  They not only were lacking a seating policy, but a camera placement policy, a sign placement policy and the rules they do have in place, are RARELY FOLLOWED.  They also make up rules as they go along, at their whimsy.  This is why I have referred to them as clowns.  My former First Amendment lawyers refer to Little Falls as a "Constitution Free Zone." That should tell you something.  I just used their phrase.  How many lawsuits will it take to force honest govmint?The June 3rd meeting is below. I did not own another camera to show where I was seated.  I wish I had.AND FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT....HERE IS ANOTHER MINNESOTA CITY COUNCIL with issues over the seating arrangement.  This time, it's council members themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment