Sunday, January 24, 2016

City Budget di$cu$$ion$ NOT RECORDED

It was disturbing to learn from Lori Kasella, financial administrator, that the meeting where your tax dollars were discussed at back in late December, were not audio recorded. So unless you attended this public meeting on a weekday, you cannot know what was discussed. When I asked her for the audio, so I could record it, she said, "we don't have to record anything we don't want to."  That to me is alarming.  I wanted to record it and put it on this blog for public transparency. It is ABUNDANTLY CLEAR, that even under the new city administrator, we do not have full disclosure.  What more important meeting to film than one involving MILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF OUR MONEY?   This is exactly how govmints are ripped off by staff without public accountability. I don't know about you, but I am miffed. How can this be legal? Call city hall and complain. 320-616-5500....ask for Jon Radermacher city administrator. Leave a message if he doesn't answer. Let him know you are disgusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment