Sunday, September 29, 2013

There is a Jim Casey Foundation study that suggests we are better off as a nation, financing foster care children finding forever homes instead of allowing children in the foster care system to exit the system without a safety net.   These kids get pregnant more often, don't graduate, exist on low wages or become dependent on the social service system for a lifetime, or end up incarcerated costing SOCIETY approximately 8 BILLION DOLLARS EVERY YEAR.  I will post the study as soon as I can figure out how to do it.  I have sent this study to Congressman Rick Nolan, Senator Paul Gazelka, and Representative Ron Kresha(my legislators) this information today, Sept. 29,2013 and I expect them to work their fannies off to make sure the proper funding to end the great disparity between foster care stipend and adoption subsidy is rectified.     We have an obligation to help these kids.  

No comments:

Post a Comment